Saturday, March 24, 2012

What is it like being YOU?

I have traveled around the world. I have carried on meaningful conversations with thousands of people in airplanes, taxi cabs, grocery stores, markets, restaurants, business offices and on the street. I am curious about the people I see and meet. What is it like being a taxi driver, a railroad engineer, or a garbage man? What do they think about on their way home after a long day of work? How do they view the state of their country? What do they think about my country?


I love asking The Question "What is it like being you?".

What I have found in my "life on life" discussions is that we are all very much alike even when appearances indicate the contrary. Whether it be my long bearded, very professionally dressed and extremely polite Muslim car drivers in London, or the Christian pastor of a small assembly in the same city, there is much in common with our life experiences. 

This blog is about understanding YOU. I would like the world to see the commonness of humanity. The commonness of our life experiences.  I believe prejudice is eliminated through this understanding. 

I encourage you to not only read this blog, but also to participate. The more that people participate, the greater will be our understanding of each other. 

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment